My point is, however, he has "favorite" serial killers?! WHAT?!
I married a nut job, I think.
Oh, so you're curious who his favorites are, too? I made him send me his list.
- Jack the Ripper Brandon's all time favorite serial killer. He loves movies and informational shows about this bad guy. I think part of the intrigue is the reports that the killer may have had surgical experience and the fact that it was never solved, even though quite a few killings did occur.
- Andrew Cunanan This gentleman is the bad guy who killed Gianni Versace. That killing is the only reason this guy's name even touches my radar. Otherwise, I would have no a clue who he was. But, he killed other people, or they wouldn't call him a serial killer. Apparently, he accomplished at least 5 killings in a three month period, then killed himself (death #6?) all by the age of 27. I'm actually glad I haven't been so productive as this one. I think Brandon rates him number 2 because of the strange circumstances that the police have tried to put together to why this man just up and started killing people.
- Green River Killer (aka Gary Ridgeway) When he mentioned this last one, I said, "WHO!?" He didn't get as much media attention as the previous two, obviously. But this guy...he was BAD. He's also still alive, but very much behind bars. This guy also murdered prostitutes (when I heard this I accused Brandon of loving guys who killed "working girls," but I'll give you the explanation he gave me in a moment). He murdered LOTS of prostitutes. The article I linked says he confessed to more murders than any other American serial killer. (I would so rate this guy as number one, myself) He confessed to 48 murders, 42 of which the police suspected. He claims to have murdered 71, and Brandon told me there are suspicions that he murdered many more.
The reasoning behind killing prostitutes is briefly mentioned if you read the article I linked on Gary Ridgeway. It's basically because they're easily disposable (not what I think, just the easiest way to explain it). Many of them are runaways in the first place, they're accustomed to disappearing (escaping current pimp, left with new pimp, running away from the lifestyle, etc), they also frequently get in cars with strange men, go to excluded, dark, unnoticeable places, and, often, do not have anyone, other than their pimp, who would miss them and report them missing. Also, they were easy to find and require little coaxing.
All the more reason to not become a whore for a living. If you ever really needed one in the first place.
Moving on to the fact my husband is a little...off (and, thus, perfect for me)...is how he likes to play jokes on his mom. This wouldn't really work with any other mom. His mom is smart, with a vast knowledge of random things, just like him. I have no idea how this started, but apparently, one year for Mother's Day, he altered who he addressed the Mother's Day card to...instead of Mom, it said one of the following:
That is just to name a few. Strangely, this past year, he wrote "Mom" on the card and I said to him, "Why did you write Mom and not a bad guy's name?" His response was something like, "I don't know. Didn't think of a tyrant so I just wrote "Mom," I guess." And, Lord help me, I said back to him, "But, do you think she'll be upset that you wrote "Mom" instead of thinking of a bad guy like you always do?" I seriously thought, "Oh my gosh, what if she thinks he didn't put enough effort in this year and she's sad?" My perspective in life has painfully been altered. Sigh.
Other things this week: got my car fixed (may have mentioned that already), worked extra, Bella showed up with a gash similar to JJ's, Daddy "fixed" it and posted it on his facebook, Halloween (which I did not participate in because I was TIRED), a 3 year old's birthday party, and I got a couple pictures from my birthday breakfast!
Bella's injury:
And her "patch" job, courtesy of Daddy. Oh, the wonders of duct tape. (Note: she hated it, moped around the house the ENTIRE time it was on, and was HYPER when it came off. It has since scabbed over and looks like it should heal well.)
Here is the super awesome cake my friend made for her daughter's 3 year birthday! Yay, Tinkerbell!!!
And pictures from the birthday breakfast!
I wondered what "serial killer style" meant on your FB, and now I know. Do you like murder mysteries? (I can't remember) If so, I'll send you the info on the current series I'm into. Very easy reads, but good recurring characters.
ReplyDeleteUhm, I don't often read them, but it's not because I don't like them, I think it's more because I just haven't read them. Tell me about what you're reading! :)
ReplyDelete