Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

Christmas is over and the new year is just a few days away. I dunno, for some reason the year 2010 is just a little weird to me. I'm likely just crazy.

Anyways, we had a great Christmas. We worked lol. Well, I had Christmas day off but worked Christmas Eve. Got floated to St. Paul 7W ICU which is kinda like an ICU step down but not. Either way, I was stuck on the highway forever. I left my house around 5:45pm and didn't clock in until 8:15pm. I SHOULD have clocked in by 6:47pm. I was super late. I30 westbound was like covered in ice and I had to use my stupid phone to figure a way to get off the highway and get to work. Especially since my typical backup was closed down because it involved taking a bridge exit that was even more icy than the road I was on, so they'd already shut the exit down lol, worsening the already miserable traffic.

That night I learned that my second gear start button in my car is super awesome in the ice, you can slide even if you were going only like 5mph when you hit the brakes, what my anti-lock brakes feel like when they're working with my sliding car, and that my car will still flash the low traction light at me even when its painfully obvious. Also, that, with my luck, I managed to hit every yellow light between 30W and 1st Avenue and Harry Hines and Inwood. That was not so good on my nerves when I was constantly trying to decide to stop and slide or just run the damn thing.

Brandon's last day of work went well. This is what they did to his truck.







If you can't tell, they even turned his license plates upside down. They also included the Evidence tape on his mudflaps. Oh, and apparently they had put some toilet paper on his truck and got it wet, but it froze so he said it was easy to get off. And they put butter on his door handles. As well as a cake and a nice card from the people he worked with.

He starts Jan 11th!

For Christmas we got a BluRay player! Which is awesome since we don't really have much of a DVD player anymore since mine died, Brandon's works 60%ish of the time, the XBox360 is dead, and I like to keep the Wii in the big TV room for when I play RockBand2. We got the movie the Hangover, the new Harry Potter, I got the new Mario Brothers game for the Wii, some new socks, more of our fine silverware to go with our fancy plates we can't use cause there is no where to put it, money, and some cute clothes and pajamas. Brandon got a new hat (since we ran over his old one), lots of his gear for the police academy (which he played with instantly), more cologne, and some other stuff I can't remember lol.

We took my brother to this great place called Smoke in Oakcliff (its kinda nice there sorta). It had the most freakin amazing breakfast. Its barbeque meat what they specialize in (hence the name Smoke, for like smoked meat) but my all time favorite breakfast they weren't serving that morning (pulled hog eggs benedict) so I was sad. But you should totally try it. We're probalby going to try to drag him to BuzzBrews today before he goes back to El Paso. He's having fun in school.

So, since its long and I've opened up myself for more criticism for the length of my posts, I'll say Happy New Years! I'll be awake all night that night cause I'm working lol. Actually I work Dec 31, Jan 1, and Jan 2. Starting next month, you should know I'll have most Saturdays off! Course you can always check my Google Calendar. If its not shared with you already, uhm, I may not want to. ;) You'll have to ask.

2 comments:

  1. you told me you were never going back to Oak Cliff after my bday party! I'm glad you're exploring new places and BuzzBrews rocks - did you go to the little tiny one on Fitzhugh or the huge one on Lemmon? Glad to see you're posting again, sad you're working on NYE...get some more seniority already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually go to the tiny one I guess off Fitzhugh. Like totally right next to where you live!

    ReplyDelete