Thursday, December 3, 2009

Little of this, a little of that...

So, ya, I think I keep telling people on the phone I'm gonna update my blog. Well, here it finally freaking is.

Course now I can't remember what is news worth and what is not. Hmm.

Starters: (by the way if you're not following So you think you can dance and plan to, skip this)

I'm so freakin sad that Billy Bell isn't on this season. He (and this creeps me out to say so) was beautiful!

I <3 Legacy! I <3 him and Russel and Kathryn and Noelle. The married couple are cool, but I am never enthusiastic about their solos. Mollee is ok. She's too over bubbly though. Jakob is really good. I guess I'm liking him more. I never like Nathan. Ever. And I dunno why but I just cannot like Ellenore. She's perfect. But I don't like her.

Oh, crap. I haven't watched the elimination from last night and just saw Noelle is gone. Crap.

I really don't miss the other dancers. They were fun, but blah. Especially the tappers. Don't think I liked any of them. There, those are my opinions. Tons of dances I've liked but I don't remember them all.

Moving on. I think everyone knows Brandon is going to the academy in January and we're putting him through so he can apply to smaller police departments. He got his gun for the academy and was so damned excited about the deal he got on it that he WOKE ME UP just to tell me. Like I care!

Our Bella-dog was a very good girl. We were very proud of her recently. I'd made Brandon take me to see New Moon (book is still better but they got a little better with the movie) and we got home at midnight-thirty. Now, when we're not here when mom and dad go to bed, Bella gets in bed with them. They usually leave their door open when she does that so she can go get a drink of water if she wants to. Because of that, I usually sneak in and get her out of their bed so she won't bother them. Well this time she didn't hear me come in.

I'm right at their door starting to whisper, "Bella, Bella, Bella, come here," when I get the meanest, fiercest, loudest barking I've ever heard from my dog. I knew she didn't know it was me and was about to kill me if I didn't prove to her she knew me so I had to turn on my parents' light.

Mom starts mumbling incoherently, Daddy is half out of bed to come attack me, too, and Bella is standing on the little bench seat/chest at the end of their bed with her head flattened out ready to attack. I turn the light off really fast cause I know it blinded mom and dad, but it was enough. Bella realized who she was protecting mom and dad from and came wiggling out to me, wagging her tail as hard as she could like it was the first time she'd seen me in months.

/facepalm

The next day I apologized to mom and dad and said I'd never get her out of their bed again lol. Daddy said he was just thinking of what he could possibly do...just hit the intruder really hard? He said the light being turned on let him know it was me lol. Mom said she was SO PROUD of Bella and she'll always love Bella sleeping with her from now on, since she's such a little protector.

Now Bella is sporting a stylish dark pink sparkly collar. And has a bloody nose from burying her stupid congratulatory bone all the time. (by burying, I mean putting it under sheets and wears the skin off her nose when she pushes the sheets over and over with her nose to ensure her bone is "buried.")

I had put on like 8 lbs. I've said bye to about 5 of them. Sweet. I just don't eat lol. (that sounds bad but it isn't) Like on the nights I stay at home, I eat when I get up and I eat sometime before I go to bed. I don't work hard enough to need more food. When I'm at work, I have eat light on the way, have a light snack, a light meal, breakfast, then bed. Seems to work. Still have all my Kim energy.

Oh, last week I had an unplanned vacation. We had so few patients that I got cancelled 2 nights in a row. It was really weird. I think I'm going to pay for it this week. Not looking forward to it.

Got to see my brother for Thanksgiving (was grateful for being cancelled cause it let me see him more). Saw some family. Ate some food. (still managed lose those 5 lbs!) And that's about it.

And I shared my calendar with all of you (well the ones who I think read this) so you can hold me to what days I'm off and we can do get-togethers. It'll be awesome once Brandon starts school cause then we can all hang out like normal people finally!!!

If I get stamps soon, you'll get your Christmas cards! They're already addressed and in their envelopes!

2 comments:

  1. I liked your comment on Jenn's blog about her long-posts. teehee - a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, eh? I missed SYTYCD this week due to a crappy DVR. But, all's well now as we got it replaced, so I'll be able to tune in again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally the pot calling the kettle black!! You know you enjoyed me going on about my depression; and well, even if you didn't, I needed to write it. Promise to post more exciting things soon. :) So I have a few things about this post (and sorry for the long-winded-ness, but you had like 22 subjects in here for me to comment on)-
    1) Congrats to Brandon for going to the academy!! Hanging out like normal people is so much fun and I can't wait.
    2) Congrats on losing 5 lbs, I know how hard it is!
    3) Glad you got to see your bro for Thanksgiving.
    4) Go Bella!
    5) I wasn't a huge fan of Noelle, so she was the least of the evils to go home. Sorry to hear you liked her though. I do agree with you about Russel and Kathryn, they're my two favs and Legacy is ok (I don't think he's that great and I think they keep giving him a free pass with their critiques). Ashley (girl in the married couple) is growing on me. Love Jakob and for the life of me don't like Ellenore either (even though I usually like her routines).
    6) Thanks for calendar sharing, I wish it worked with Outlook!

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete