Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The new year so far...

So far in this year (and I may be off on the dates a little, but who cares, okay?):

I saw and LOVED Avatar! I cannot wait til it comes out so I can watch it over and over and over like a five year old.

I have not had one drink of alcohol. This is 100% unintentional. I plan to get schnockered on Saturday or Sunday.

Everyone in my family has decided I need to see the doctor for why I'm ripping my legs to shreds because now it looks like little bugs are eating my skin and making it itchy. They didn't freak out last time this happened, but I don't remember how I made it go away last time either.

Brandon has started school and is totally bored by it which of course I find hilarious! He did make an A in the class he took over Winter-mester.

Wes came in town and I got to see him TWICE this time! Although the second time we were visiting someone he knew in the hospital, at least he got to see the super duper awesome ICU where I work lol. (ya, its lame! but the person we were visiting was receiving leach therapy which is always something new and interesting to see!)

I got to run a raid on my main character with a guild I used to be in and they told me I was an awesome healer! That actually totally made my night! And I'm gearing up my 2 main alt characters, one with a piece of tier gear now! All I need is my Death Knight at lvl 80 (she's lvl 74 so she's close) and in great gear and I'll be totally happy. Ok, thats a lie. I wanna be raiding again, too, but lets take one step at a time.

And last, but certainly not least at all, and the total bummer: my mom has been diagnosed with "grade 1 ductal carcinoma breast cancer." Tomorrow (YES TOMORROW THIS IS SO FAST) she's having a lumpectomy and her lymph nodes biopsied to remove it and check if there is a chance its spread yet. She'll start radiation therapy 5 days a week for a whole freakin month after that. :( Meanwhile her momma, my grandmother, is going through the process of having a mass in her breast looked at. Before this, the closest breast cancer in my family to me was like a great-aunt or something. So, please pray for my mommy. She's doing her best to stay optimistic. They said it was non-aggressive but these things just do weird things sometimes.

Anyways, mostly good and random stuff for 2010. Here's to hoping it stays that way. January has historically been a shitty month, so lets hope that changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment