Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Very Bad Week for My Bed...

Yes, strangely enough, my poor bed is suffering right now! Monday night I had to go to work cause they flexed me to a weird day we needed more nurses than the days I like to work. Whatever. So Brandon was left at the house to fend for himself. Apparently JJ managed to get a hold of a rawhide that wasn't his and threaten all the other dogs within inches of their lives to stay away from his and his rawhide, and, thus, wouldn't eat his dinner, but stalked by the door. When the other dogs finished eating, Brandon tried to go back in the house to put up the dog bowl and JJ rushed him and got inside. /sigh. Bad dog.



Once inside, JJ had his rawhide taken away from him because he and Bella kept growling at each other. Of course that hurt his feelings and he started moping around. Since he's such a great cuddler for a large dog, Brandon went ahead and let him up on the bed while he watched TV, without the protective doggie sheet!!! (a bright yellow sheet I have in the room to cover the bed with should we want a dog up on the bed, not easy to miss!)


After a little while, Brandon fell asleep and woke up to the worst sound ever: JJ barfing, right by his head, on the bed! Ugh.


Bed offense #1: JJ barf


Brandon pulled the sheet and one of the mattress pads off (there are two to protect the mattress from doggie smells lol) and the fitted sheet and put them in the washer. They were the only pieces to get dirty. Not surprisingly, when I got home from work Tuesday morning, JJ was still in the bed, the sheet and mattress pad were still in the washer, and there were still no new sheets placed on the bed. (the barfing incident happened around 1am and I got home by 8am, plenty of time to do those tasks should he have wanted to do them)


Well, who knows what made JJ sick but, he's better. See. Him and Hunter playing around this morning. Very few people believe JJ can play nicely with the other dogs. I got proof now! I would have uploaded the video using Blogger, but it doesn't accept .mov files, so I had to go the YouTube route. You all understand, right?







So fast forward to Tuesday night. Yes, just ONE NIGHT LATER! Bella is inside, as always. Since I cleaned up and purged all our trash, Dr Pepper cans, plates, etc, that build up in the room and the computer room over the week, I pulled the sheets, comforter, and doggie sheet over the bed so Bella could go in our room and lie down on the bed while we play World of Warcraft. (we're just gearing up our druids right now, me as a tank and him as a healer) Well, not long after we started playing I went to our room to check on Bella. I swear sometimes this dog doesn't know she's a dog. She managed to get up on the bed (which sometimes she acts like she can't do herself, even though she's plenty big to do it easily), pull the doggie sheet back, pull the comforter back, pull both the little blanket AND the flat sheet back, and cuddle against the pillows with all the other covers like they're over her legs. I don't get it. Its not like she couldn't have cuddled with the pillows without pulling the sheets back...but she did. Either way, we left her as she was. She did it for herself without our help, she would do it again.


After few hours, she showed up asleep on my pile of dirty laundry to be cleaned that was outside the computer room door. Talk about cute curled up asleep on the laundry! We couldn't figure out why she would've left the bed, but we didn't care that much either. She does weird things all the time. This wasn't very different. After we were done playing WoW, Brandon got in the bed and she got back up there with him while I did some other things (fold the laundry, balance the checkbooks, etc). Then we kicked her out cause it was time to start settling down for him to go to sleep and me to do so soon after. I try to get in bed on my side and there is a wet spot. Not a shock because both Bella and JJ have an affinity for licking their paws a lot and cause huge wet spots to end up on the bed. Its obnoxious, but livable. Dog spit isn't that gross.


So I pull the wet comforter back to reveal a huge, perfectly round, wet spot on my sheets! This is not a dog licking his or her paws, which is never perfectly round. I smell it. OH MY FUCKING GOD! She peed on my BED! No freaking wonder she left the bed to lie down on the laundry. The bed reeked of piss. She got it on my huge comforter (which truly doesn't fit in the super capacity wash machine, even though I force it), my little blanket (which has a very yellow spot on its off-white color), my flat sheet, my fitted sheet, and the last mattress cover on my bed (since the 2nd one hadn't yet been replaced. Thank God I use two cause otherwise my mattress would stink of dog piss, too).


Bed offense #2: Bella pee

Nonetheless, we stripped the bed, flipped the mattress, and currently have no mattress pad and are on our 3rd set of sheets in 3 days! Course I had to find an old quilt to put on the bed to so we won't freeze in our sleep! We still have no idea what possessed her to pee on the bed, but she no longer has bed privileges!


But speaking of her being a weirdo, look at her poor little nose!




Remember those rawhides? She had been given a rawhide on Sunday night and she showed up on Monday with a faint spot on her nose. I didn't worry about it at all. If I worried about every scratch on my dogs I literally would be worrying 24/7 cause they have new ones all the time and we have no idea where they come from. (ok, fine, maybe each other the way they play) The next day, she was given another rawhide when JJ was in the house with his. When I got home from work, the spot on her nose was much larger, about the size of the one in the picture. Now I was a little worried, but what could I do? Follow her all the time? No.


While doing my morning, I'm home from work and putting sheets on our bed stuff, I found her rawhide under one of the sheets that covers one of the couches to protect the couches from the dogs. I laughed, because she'd obviously "buried" in on the couch out of sight, and gave it back to her. While pulling the sheet back over the couch I noticed all these reddish splotches on the sheet. First I thought it was blood, because of the color. Then I saw how it was placed all over the sheet and then it looked like paint. It really looked like someone had taken a paint brush with reddish paint and brushed, in many short strokes, all over the sheet. There was a thick beginning to the stroke and a faded out end of the stroke, like the paint had thinned from being applied. Well, being thorough, I sniffed it and, whoa, talk about metallic smell. That was blood.

Oh my gosh. I now know what happened. Bella was "burying" her rawhide on the couch and was so upset about burying it, she wore the skin on her little nose away and cause it to bleed. That's why it looked like paint brush strokes, because she was stroking her nose across the sheet trying to place it just right so the rawhide didn't show. And she's very OCD about burying her bones and I'm sure was burying it in one corning, didn't like that corner, and buried it in another corner, especially since the entire sheet was covered in her strokes of blood. Well, thinking it was kinda funny I told Brandon, we laughed at how silly she can be, and went to bed.


When we woke up for the day, mom was her and she asked what happened to the sheet. I told her what I thought had happened and she started laughing. Remember how I'd given her that rawhide back before I noticed what was all over the sheet? Ya, she went to another couch and, once again, traumatized her little nose to the point that she covered that sheet in blood "burying" her rawhide on the other sheet.


Offended couches by Bella blood this week: 2


So, no bed privileges, no more rawhides (well, if we want her nose to ever heal).


Other than that, my Blackberry bit the dust (erased its operating system) so now I have an iPhone. Video and picture today are courtesy of the phone. Don't judge it on the lighting on the video, however. Its super cloudy out and if I would've turned the light on the dogs would've realized I was there and quit playing and I just couldn't have that.


Oh, and I've paid my dad the money he helped us with when Bella needed her surgery and other things caused us to not have all the money for our honeymoon on the date we needed it. That made me feel really good. What was more funny, though, was Chase calling me asking if that was an authorized check I wrote or if someone had our account lol. Awesome! Chase seems to be doing their job! Course I wish they'd quit calling about it when I was sleeping.


Ok, bed time. I'm on call tonight. Blah. This week sucks and its just started.

1 comment:

  1. Poor bed and poor Bella's nose! Congrats on paying your Dad back, I know when I paid my Dad back for my first semester of college (I'm sure you remember, the one I effed up), I felt soooo great! Nothing like paying off debts to loved ones. I enjoyed this post, keep blogging!! :) I'm trying to post more and have started blogging about my new weight loss plan. :) MUAH

    ReplyDelete