Saturday, March 28, 2009

My name is Kelly?

So, I get to work tonight and go to the front desk where they list the patient assignments and look for my name to see who my patients are tonight. I glance over it once...then I glance at it again...and look even closer. Ok, my name isn't there.

No big deal. When I first got out of the internship some of my shifts didn't get altered appropriately and they didn't see that I was supposed to work that night. It worked out well because they needed a nurse and I got my hours.

So, I'm about to ask the charge nurse if she missed me when the girl who took my patients in the morning came by to see if I was getting the same patients back...which I usually do.

She looks and goes, "Kimberly, where is your name?! You took my patients right...?" I tell her ya, I can't find my name.

So she asks the charge nurse, "Hey, is this "Kelly" supposed to be "Kimberly?" The charge nurse looks, thinks, and starts laughing. Apparently my name is Kelly.

A little while later she hollars, "Kelly! Kelly come here." She explains that my name was written down on the list as K.Roland (obviously they don't have my name changed everywhere). So all she thought in her mind was the chich from Destiny's Child (Kelly Rowland) and thats what she wrote down. So my name is now Kelly.

Side note: There is absolutely no nurse that works here in this ICU named Kelly. None.

No comments:

Post a Comment