Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Dog Bella

My dog Bella is a Black Mouth Cur mix. I adopted her in 2005 for the purpose to have a buddy for my dog JJ. She is a 50 poundish dog who when she is around humans is nothing but pure sugar...around dogs, she can be spicy. The kind of spicy that burns on the way out and wasn't that great in the beginning.

Well, she's half crazy. Her idea of having fun in the back yard is jumping on the dogloos, barking from there at the other dogs, sprinting to the back yard, sprinting to the back porch, she takes dives and rolls just to change positions when the other dogs are chasing her, and plows through the porch furniture and dogloos when she's evading the other dogs. All we could think is, "Damn, we're lucky she hasn't been seriously hurt." We're dumb.

She went to a vet clinic Tuesday as a referral for knee surgery. Of course he thinks she tore both her ACL and meniscus in her knee. That was her left knee. Today, she won't walk on either of her back legs. She'll actually choose to walk on her LEFT knee instead of her right tonight. She effed up her freaking right knee today, I know it. And, of course, I find this out around 7pm, when all the vet clinics except the seriously expensive emergency vet clinic...and a painful knee really isn't an emergency.

So, God help me, tomorrow morning I'm gonna try to get her to a vet first thing in the morning, hopefull we'll find something out about her other knee, and then maybe I can go to sleep so I can show up to work 12 glorious hours at my ICU starting at 6:45pm. Yay.

Here is that precious little baby who seems to fit in the 30% of dogs with one bad knee that blows out their other.

No comments:

Post a Comment