So, currently I don't remember if I blogged about the fact that my World of Warcraft account got hacked a little while back. Whatever. It did. I got all my "stuff" back in a very speedy time (go Blizzard). And, no, to anyone who plays WoW, I did NOT currently have my Authenticator active on my account. I'd taken it off because its annoying.
Anyhow, I changed my password and re-added my Authenticator and started thinking about how in the world anyone got ahold of my password to hack into my account.
I never understood why everyone bothered saying crap like, change your password frequently, blah blah blah. I was like...if they're going to get my password, they're going to use it, whether I change it every day or not, that's lame.
I think I understand now. I may be wrong. However, hackers are lazy and slow. They'll hack my account, but it'll take them a while before they attempt to utilize the password. So maybe when that stupid virus got on my old computer it hacked my WoW account password. But it took the hacker people weeks til they hit my account.
So, there. Hackers are lazy, dumb asses who can't even bother to get around to using their illegally acquired information til later. So THAT's why you change your password often. Cause of the a-holes who can't even bother to hack you in a respectable timeline.
No comments:
Post a Comment