Brandon will be done with the police academy coming up here soon. I believe he'll start hitting the streets in training in June. He's totally excited. The only thing we're not excited about is gas usage, lol. But we need to keep saving up money for a little bit longer before we start looking into moving. I think living destinations might be around Frisco and Flower Mound. We'll see.
Of course, a contributing factor is that the ol' Toyota Tacoma is no longer functioning as his vehicle. Something about busted A/C compressor, I don't know what he was talking about, especially since he woke me up just to tell me (NEVER a good idea. If you don't need me to do something immediately, don't bother waking me up.) Anyhow, we went out and bought a new truck that night. Turns out, I have a rocking credit score! This baby is all in my name. Here is the truck, courtesy of my iPhone, the next morning.
Because its so pretty it was required that I wash my car the next day. I have pics of that, but you've all seen my car, likely both clean and dirty, so I'll spare you.
If you missed it, here it is, Brandon's getting tazed video lol.
He hurt pretty bad after that but he's getting better now. It tensed his back muscles up a lot and since he'd been anticipating it, he was tense already lol. Fine, maybe its wrong that I'm laughing but we all know he'll be just fine.
Works going fine. It is kinda weird now that I've been there like a year and 9 months and a couple of the new girls will come to me and ask me questions I've found myself asking the senior nurses many times before over the past year and 9 months lol. So, its kinda cool cause they're like holding me to what I should have learned. And, per usual, I give them explanations of what I've learned in much more detail than maybe they desire, but I can't help it! I want them to know why I never give them a direct answer, because with the different patients we have (some are neurosurgery with bleeds, some are neurosurgery without bleeds, some are urology that are at risk for bleeding, some are ENT who are always freaking bleeding, some are plastics AND ENT who have tissue moved from one area of their body to another to function as a better version of the original [like making you new boobs from the fat and tissue in your stomach and getting a tummy tuck out of it at the same time], and so they all require slightly different thought processes!). Either way, it feels weird cause I would still totally describe myself as a newb, but I have to pretend to be an educated/wiser newb now. Eek.
On that note I'm thinking about getting my Critical Care RN and/or my Certified Neuroscience RN. Its just studying and taking a test for both and I'd technically get paid more but it'd be like, $50 a month more or something silly. And, I plan to try to start towards my Masters in Nursing to be a Nurse Practitioner in the Spring of 2011. The applications are due in September for TWU and like October for UTA. I'll apply to both. One requires the GRE, which makes me nervous. But if I go to TWU, I'd take the Family Nurse Practitioner route, if I go to UTA, I can choose between Acute Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner. Acute directs you more towards like working in an ER and such, but I think if I did just Family, I could adapt anyways, just my original training as Acute would be more for people getting sick all of a sudden versus a general population of everyone. So I don't know what to do. Plus, UTA requires an essay of like why you want to be a nurse practitioner and, in short, my answer is because I like to keep learning and finding better ways to "fix" my patients, and the hours and money would be sweeter. I think that's a crappy answer lol. I know I'll love being an NP, but like when I wanted to be an RN I had a great idea of where I wanted to work. Right now, given that NP is a couple years away from actually attaining, I have no idea in what capacity I want to work so I feel like my essay is going to suck. Oh well. I should get to that business soon. Sept and Oct aren't that far away in the scope of things.
Ok, I think that's it. I'll leave you with Bella in HD (HD=happy dog).
Soif the truck is in your name, does that mean you drive it and Brandon gets the camaro?
ReplyDeletePs - Love Bella in HD
Lol, no, Brandon drives it and I still keep MY car lol.
ReplyDeleteHey! your photo album is in Lynn Michelle's blog. lol - I semi-randomly go to her site, so it was funny to go there and see you!!
ReplyDelete