Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Udates, with a baby bunny!

So, not much has gone on lately. We've celebrated a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jennifer! Yay! And that's about it lol.

Work had given me weird hours, but, because of those weird hours I was finally able to see my friends! You all should still be mad at me cause the little, simple gifts I brought back from Jamaica in FEBRUARY for you I still keep forgetting to bring to you! Its not like they're packed or anything. They're practically sitting in the open just waiting to be taken to you all, but I just suck!

This weekend, Brandon is testing for Denton Police Department. He feels "really good" about this test, he says. So, despite the fact its in DENTON, ugh, wish him luck, pray for him, send vibes, whatever your avenue is. We'd appreciate it. Its his dream and he thinks a college town like Denton would be just absolutely awesome to work in, since its large, and has so many elements to it.

My one year anniversary of working for UT Southwestern University Hospital Zale Lipshy (how retarded long of a name is that?) is coming in September!!! Weird, isn't it! I've been a nurse for a year-ish now! Feels like it was only like a few months ago I took that stupid NCLEX and passed it. Course, as soon as Brandon gets hired, I'm going to be looking to take the GRE. I hope to apply for the next fall semester, Fall 2010, to begin graduate course-work towards obtaining my Family Nurse Practitioner. After that is my plan to quit formal education. I really don't have any sort of desire for a PhD or anything of that sort.

So, random story time. Recently we were talking about books. I forget why, but I made some off comment about writing a book (joking) and Brandon said I should write one about Ribby, our beagle. (/sigh) All I dreamed about last night was about what kind of beagle book I'd write, a kids book, that I thought the name of the dog should rhyme with beagle, or we'd just call him Ribby the Hound dog, and that somehow the radio station 1310 the Ticket would be promoting this. Because of the Ticket's involvement, that means the stupid kid's book would have to be about sports, and how do people write kids' books anyways? Does it make sense to write the book, "Ribby the Hound goes to a football game"?! Lol, I seriously had CRAPPY sleep for HOURS thinking of this IN MY SLEEP! How random, right?

On a side note, I THINK I like fantasy books. Mix a little action with a touch of a love story (no romance novels please, I don't want that kind of stuff) and you might have me hooked. But I don't know a good book to read. I like the MAGICAL stuff. Call me a kid or say I have an overactive imagination, but I don't give a crap. I need a new book to read.

So, here is picture time. My mom actually found, courtesy of my dearest puppy dog JJ, a baby bunny hopping around in the garage today! (don't worry! JJ just alerted to it and made my Mom look, he was no where near to killing the sweetie) So when Brandon and I got home from eating out tonight, mom had a baby bunny! Now, after some internet research (and you know everything you read on the internet is TRUE! *sarcasm*), it seems that if we get the right food, and feed it once a day, and handle it minimally, then we can help it grow and release it into the wild again. The reason we took it in, despite it looking so healthy, is two reasons: 1) older bunnies might eat it, and 2) the douche bag bunny might hop into the back yard and get eaten by my dogs. Now, before you think that either option might be a long shot you have to see a) how many freaking bunnies there are in this neighborhood, and, b) the idiot baby bunny kept hopping/walking towards the fence of the backyard that contained my death givers.

So we put it in our old hamster cage, with some water and soft stuff to lay on, followed the directions we read and put it in a secluded area of the house, and left it alone. However, we took pictures while he was outside! (and don't worry! we're fully aware of the fact that he may not survive and that we may have to keep him as a pet. I have had to wrangle my dog Bella in all night, since she's mandatory house arrest because of her knees, and put up the baby gate so she can't get near the room the baby bunny is in right now). All pictures are courtesy of my dad! My camera took a nice one...but before I could take many fun ones my battery died. :( Always at the good moments. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment