Sunday, August 9, 2009

...So how the hell did this happen?

Ok, I'm late posting this cause a) I am lazy, b) I'm a procrastinator, and C) all of the above. I've had the pictures, but didn't want to bother putting the reader in the laptop. Besides, I hate typing on the laptop on the cooling station.

Anyways, a few weeks ago, dearest Hunter (lovingly far too often referred to as Huntard) showed up with two scratches on his head. On above his eye and one on the inner canthus of his eye. Whatever, my dogs have such crazy battle wounds from battles I probably never wanna know about, so I didn't think anything of it really. Hunter has lost 2 teeth already from some serious tug-o-warring, whats 2 scratches?

Well, fast forward I guess a weekish and during morning doggie breakfast Brandon says, "Hey, Hunter has pus all over his cut." Of course I doubt him first cause, well, I'm lame. He assures me it isn't doggie spit that has managed to be slung up on top of Hunter's head, and it isn't one of Hunter's massive eye boogies that dislodged and moved to his cut (Hunter has huge eyes, so the greater the surface area the more likely it is to collect dirt which leads to eye boogies the size of which you would never have imagined).

Anyhow, I look at his scratch after its safe (translation: all the dogs have both finished eating and marking, and re-marking, my mom's poor flower pot), and, yes, there is purulent discharge all over the scratch on his forehead. Huh, first infected wound on my sweetest man Hunter. That sucks.

Being the gross person I am, I squeeze to get more of the ewy-gooey out til no more comes. Get some 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water mix and clean it out a little. He'll likely be fine. Its a small wound. I go to sleep (remember, I work night shifts. Its normal for me to go to sleep at like 10am.)

So, 6pm-ish, I get up and go feed the doggies their dinner and check out Hunter's icky scratch. I squeeze it again and he whines, and not much comes out...but I still see white stuff in there, but nothing comes, Hunter just whines. (anyone who enjoys popping pimples - not that I enjoy that, *cough* - knows that seeing more white usually means stuff could come out) I kinda get a closer look and notice its solid...the white thingy in there. Oh crap, someone's freaking toe nail is stuck in my dog's head. Figures. It goes along with how I imagined he got hurt. He and JJ like to ram chests like goats or something and I could imagine JJ's freakishly long toe nails he refuses to let me, and anyone else, trim, scratch Hunter's head.

I bring Hunter in and get Brandon to hold Hunter's head still, as well intrigue him with doggie bacon treats, while I utilize the fancy tool of tweezers to try to pry that thingy out of my dog's head.

Well, it sure as crap doesn't look like a toe nail. That looks like a tooth!!!

Oh my gawd someone broke their tooth off in my dog's scalp!!!????

Mouth checks begin. And my dogs don't like their mouths checked. They don't believe in brushing their teeth, they cover their teeth when they're playing, and I generally only see their teeth cause they're panting. Mouth checks of course are a pain.

So, as far as I can tell from the total of 10 seconds combined looking in 4 dogs' mouths (cause, unless he's more talented than I thought, I don't think Hunter embedded one of his own teeth in his scalp) the tooth did not come from any of my doofuses.

Course now that the tooth is gone, and Hunter trusts me, finally, to not poke at his head, his head is healed. Like completely. Bring on the hair growth please. And he still smells like a skunk.

I just don't think its a skunk tooth. Maybe it is. Maybe its a possum. Doubt its a raccoon...I've never seen any around here. And yes, my dogs are covered on their rabies shots. From personal experience I know I do not need to go and reboost the shot...learned that when we found the dead skunk.

Besides that, works has been way too freaking busy, but my patients family brought us all cheesecake. Omg. If you are ever unfortunate enough to be stuck in a hospital (the poor thing, the nature of what happened to her means that no matter how good she feels, she was stuck in the ICU for a minimum of 2 weeks) and you like your nurses, they ALWAYS enjoy food, especially CAKE, ICECREAM, and CHIPS and SALSA! Fruit trays and veggie trays are welcome, too.

I was also right about one of my patients and the doctors didn't think that was the problem at first. Hah. A holes.

So, for now, I guess thats it. Not too much exciting going on. Patch 3.2 dropped in World of Warcraft. Blizzcon is soon so maybe we'll hear about the next expansion. I got Mario Kart for the Wii (which we're conviscating from my mom since she never plays her gift and she's had it more than a year) and I'm better at it than Brandon...least right now. He's not too pleased so he just sticks to his Nintendo DS Mario Kart for now. OH! And YES! Jennifer, it looks like you can meet up with your friends online on Mario Kart Wii. We'll have to plan that out!!!

K, I'm going to go eat whatever you wanna call my 2nd meal since being awake even though its 3am.

I'll leave you with possibly my new favorite song for right now:

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy with a tooth in his head. Maybe the other guy looked worse!

    ReplyDelete