Friday, July 24, 2009

Just an Update

So, I haven't written cause truly nothing exciting has happened.

Brandon decided, for now, against applying to be a Trooper because he'd have to leave his mom with only me taking care of her for 6 months or so just for us to not know where we'd be heading after those 6 months. So, he's going to try some departments around here first and if those don't come through, then he may revisit the Trooper thing. Also, he's going to keep on taking his core curriculum classes to get more credits.

Oh, for some reason San Antonio is advertising on the Dallas Morning News website that they're hiring police officers. That sucks cause now Brandon wants to apply to work in San Antonio. I dunno. I think it would suck to live there. So we'll see what the hell happens.

For me, not much to say. Got to see the Harry Potter movie. I want to see it again though cause I saw it with a grumpy person so it wasn't as 100% fun as it should have been.

Nothing new with the doggies. They're crazy as ever. Hunter still stinks like skunk since I never bring him in to bathe him...I'm a bad doggie mom.

Work is busy, as it has been lately. Don't really understand why we're at capacity and over all the time lately, but whatever. People get sick, we do our best to help them recover.

Oh, we left our guild in World of Warcraft. Long story as short as I can make it. We got mad someone was promoted to an officer position who totally didn't deserve it, stepped back from playing so often, and then realized we totally don't feel like playing as long as we're playing with that guild. There are some nice people there, but overall the others are childish and obnoxious, and even worse when raiding, which is what we really want to do. So, we left. I feel bad about it, but oh well. Can't make everyone but myself happy.

Oh, and one last thing. We went out "on the town" the other night with friends from Brandon's job. Wow. I've never been in a bar before, just hanging out, and have a police officer in full uniform, on duty, come up and just chat cause he wanted to. Later that night, that same police officer went to Walmart, bought a change of clothes, and hung out with us more. Then, we all went to Whataburger where another on duty police officer came and ate with us. It was very weird. Normally alcohol + police officers = bad night for everyone. Nope, this was just weird. Lol.

On a side note, we ran into a dispatcher for Brandon's city and she invited me to a "passion party." She assured me that there will be things for "partners" there. I dunno. If anyone wants to go lemme know. Otherwise I'm claiming laundry night to get out of that. I think I'd want to know someone really well before I did something like that.

Anyways, trying to keep this thing going since I'm always told I don't blog enough! :P

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I think I'd claim laundry night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to one with all old ladies, pretty funny, but weird if you're not with someone you know REALLY well. Um, so please reply to my email about a better date than August 15 to hang out....

    ReplyDelete