Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What's Been Going On

Since I last wrote was NOVEMBER, I have a tad short of 2 months to account for, so here we go.

Christmas was wonderful! We were really blessed by our families who definitely did too much for us. I'll have to see if I have enough pictures. If I don't, I'll come back and show them off later.

Managing being at home with Asher has been interesting. But the house stays relatively clean, the yard scooped of poop, the dogs happy and hyper as usual, although Bella is still with the parents, and way too much tv watched. I try to watch Jeopardy and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire because I figure trivia shows will turn my brain to mush slower than the other ones I might get in to. Also, I watch Paranormal State. Stupid and silly, I know, but it entertains me and I don't mind deleting one if I never watched it.

I just recently got over being sick again, though I think it was an almost mastitis issue. I felt CRAPPY! But, feeling better is always good.

School starts Jan 18th. I have to attend class that day and 3 other days (those days are for the exams for the class). I'm scared crapless of this class. Did I mention the books I have are the same ones my brother used for medical school!? Scary!! So, wish me luck and pray for me if you think about it. I'm sure I could use it. On that same note, I'm considering changing my major. I'm currently under Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, and I'm thinking of changing it to Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner. I think now that I'm officially a mother, I'm not going to want to be in the unit of a hospital all the time. I love it...but I do love being home with my dogs and my son and my husband a lot, too (not in that order). I'll have more freedom of choice of schedules, I think, if I change my major. I'm a little sad about that because I would really have loved the Acute Care side, but there are so many opportunities and experiences as an FNP or ANP that I'm sure I'll never look back once I get there. Also, since I want to change majors, the only reason I really seriously pursued going to UTA was because it was the only school in the area that provided an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner degree. If I change majors, I could possibly attend TWU, which would be closer (especially if they have classes available in Denton...it would be WAY closer!). I need to make this move like, NOW, so I know, if I am going to change schools, what school I will be in come Summer or Fall. Otherwise, switching my major will be a tad of an issue remaining at UTA, but less of a problem, especially since I'm doing it so early in my degree. But, that is what is up with school.

I go back to work Sunday. Maternity leave is finally over. I'm sad. I've really enjoyed being home. I know it sounds lazy, but it has been nice. At least I only work 3 days a week. 3 long days...but three days nonetheless. I am considering moving to part time come May, which is driven by a couple things. One, Brandon may be moved to night shift, again. I could easily move back to night shift, but then I'd have to worry about changing my baby's sleep/wake schedule. It sucks enough doing it to yourself. I do NOT even want to consider doing it to an infant! Also, school will quickly become more demanding (required attendance, clinicals, etc), so part-time will be more beneficial in that avenue as well. The main hang up is money. We need some bills paid off and to lessen some of our bills to even make this work. I'm nervous about it, but hopeful. I'll have to have this decision made soon, though, I think, because I just can't wing it last minute like I do some things.

Other than that, I'm enjoying that stupid website Pinterest. I've made a couple recipes from there but have a couple projects I'm still working on. I need some better ink for one project, and I'm waiting on feedback from a family member for another. I'm going to attempt home-made wipes tonight! I'm excited about that since they're sorta expensive (lovely, but expensive). Making them at home would be so cool. I'll let you know how all that goes with links to where I found the instructions. I'm really excited about some shelving DIY I just found today. It'll involve my dad's assistance, but, as my mom just told me he's turning in his retirement letter, maybe he'll have some time to help me after a few months! Hello, shelving in Asher's room

Ok, picture time! I hope I didn't make this too long!

Baby's first Christmas ornament


My new wall decorations. I have 2 of them.


Playing with the camera and my 2 big boys


Our new robot vacuum! I love it more than you could ever know!


Getting some Bella cuddles while at the parent's


Some JJ love. Yes, I'm wearing Brandon's boots and VS pajama pants. I have serious style.


Why our baby gates aren't very effective.


Our garage! It's almost clean! Maybe we can fit 2 cars in before summertime!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hang out Friday! Your mat leave went by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete