Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Updates!

I've been MIA and I'm so sorry about that! I have been a tad busy with other stuff, which I'll update you on now!

This biggest and most important thing that has happened is I gave birth to our son! It was, actually, a wonderful and funny experience, at least for Brandon and I, marred with me basically going through anxiety slapping me in the face a few days before his birth, and hanging around, in a small form, for about a week afterwards. Either way, you can read up on that, see pictures, etc, on the blog dedicated to him. 


I've, also, been finishing my first graduate class ever! So far, I have a very solid A, and I'm so excited about it! I wish my hospital system had a better tuition reimbursement benefit, and, on that note, obviously wouldn't mind if they paid for grades. I've heard of some hospitals that pay more in reimbursement based on what grade you obtain. I would totally get the maximum! Now, I still have a paper due Saturday that I've mostly completed. The caveat to that is the part I haven't completed is the part that seems most daunting to me...so, ya, I might be dragging my feet a tad on it. 

This is what the bed looked like before Asher came.

We sent Bella, one of our dogs, to stay with my parents for a little bit. I'm super sad about this, still, but it was my idea. She likes to sleep with someone, and cries so much outside the door if she's not included. With Asher being so little and needing to be with us in our room, we decided to let her stay with her second favorite people, Mom and Dad, and play with their Golden Retriever, Chewy, until we were ready for her to rule the roost back here again. Personally, I'm ready to bring her back, but I think Brandon wants to wait a little longer. Maybe when we transition Asher to his actual crib, instead of sleeping in our room (if not before), we'll bring her back. While we were at Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving, she was a perfect doggie! She just sniffed him a little and went about her business. However, what I predicted, and still find funny, is she is very protective of him. Anytime Chewy went anywhere near where he was, she went to intervene...and may have caused 2 fights (or almost fights), but, still, she's my little protector! Brandon is worried she'll protect Asher from the other dogs...but I think we'll be ok. Yes, we may have issues of her with the other dogs, but she usually is much more aggressive towards Chewy than JJ, Hunter, or Ribby, and, given they've been here and she hasn't, I think we'll work out just fine.

Her last day at home :(

We didn't do much for Halloween. We worked and stayed at home. However, I did carve some pumpkins! It rained on them, so they rotted super fast (I should have lubed them with Vaseline, but I just never remembered to buy any at the store.) We took Ribby, the beagle, to pick out the pumpkins.

At the pumpkin patch

On the table after being carved...




Outside with LED tea light candles in them...




Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Brandon's uncle's house and had a lovely dinner, then went to my Mawmaw's house for our second Thanksgiving dinner. Everything was really good, as usual! Friday, we went to my parent's house because Mom had her mother, my Grandmommy, and her brothers over for dinner. She had been hoping to combine Mawmaw's dinner and that one, but Mawmaw had gotten sick the week before and just didn't feel up to being around too many people outside of her home (we totally don't blame her for that, either!). Mom ended up having to go in to work, though, and left Daddy with all the last minute preparations. So, when Brandon and I got there, we tried to help out as much as possible. But, that dinner was very yummy and Mom joined us right when it all got ready! Perfect timing!

I found my little 4 foot Christmas tree I had in college and set it up in our house this week! We'll probably just stick with our little 4 foot tree as we don't need a bigger one (although it would be prettier...) and can have a humble little Christmas this year and go bigger next year. I think it is kinda cute, myself. I, also, took some Christmas decorations from my parent's house (with their blessing! Daddy, actually, probably would've been happier unloading more Christmas stuff to me, but we don't have the time or places to put too much stuff this year so I kept it minimal). Here are some pictures of my little bit of Christmas decor.










Oh! And, while looking for my Christmas stuff I had when I lived in College Station, I found a box with lots of my Pyrex dishes from college! Total score! Brandon and I so need to pick a day to got out to my parents and pull out boxes from the garage to find all our stuff! It was way too hot this summer to do it. It would be better on a day Mom is off so she can get her Gran-ma time!

Well, I think this post was long enough! Until next time! (btw, I don't expect too many updates, save the holidays, because all I'm doing is finishing school, playing with my infant when he's awake, and doing family crap. But I'll let you know should something exciting happen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment