Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Almost Time!!!

SOOOO much has been happening lately and because of that, I've been tired! My will to do ANYTHING is just about lost! Laundry? Only when we need uniforms. Cleaning? I don't mind some mess...I just push the crap to the side so I have a walkway. Groceries? Only the necessities and only when I need them. Cooking at home? Only so I have food for work...otherwise, bum off the parents or eating out. Planning packing for the new house? Hahahahahaha, ya right. 


The only thing we've managed to accomplish is to sell the Toyota. Let us have a moment of silence for it passing from our family to someone else (a business, actually). Thank you, Toyota, for being super and not killing Brandon (even though your gas pedal did stick, you did it optimally in front of PepBoys who fixed it for us) and putting up with our crap until you could find a new home.  Thanks, old bud.




So, what is it almost time for? Most immediately, VACATION! OMG! I need it so badly! Even though Brandon and I haven't taken a real vacation since our honeymoon, we've managed to take a day or a week off here and there (not a whole lot) and did "stay-cations" to maintain our sanity. It's not like we do not like our jobs, we love them, but sometimes...you just need a day...or a week to recuperate. Well, I've been picking up an extra shift each pay period, which isn't a whole lot of extra work, but I just don't get the same amount of time off each week and recovery time that way. (sounds stupid "needing" that time, but you work 12 hour shifts, mostly involving standing, not sitting, with 45 minute commutes to and from and see how quickly it wears on you)  I love the money and it helps, but I have found I've worn myself out faster. And the stress of major life changes, like buying a house and getting pregnant, haven't really eased any tension, either. So, Sunday, we head to Vegas!  Did I mention the hotel has shipped in sand from California for its pool side beach???




Ya, and the basic room is a Suite. I won't complain if they upgrade us, complimentary, like the Bellagio did last time we were there, but I'm not expecting it. These are pictures of the floor plan of the king suite, which we should have, and a picture of the sitting area with the curtains open!





Ok, enough bragging about the trip. I may still need to find a swimsuit that is suitable to be at the pool, since that is my goal, pool time, and not to look like a beached whale (not saying I'm fat...just saying my personal appearance self esteem has taken a few hits lately and a nice, comfy, cute swimsuit could help). 


The other thing that it is almost time for is our house closing!!! We've been given the clear that every single thing is in line for closing. We were given a number that we are more than capable of handling to pay at closing, so that is exciting. We literally get back from Vegas, have a couple days at home, work a couple days, and CLOSE!  We won't be in the house until mid-May, most likely, because we gave the sellers a lease back, but no biggie. Just more time to get ready to move. Next...finding sweet deals on the stuff we'll need to make our house livable! Fridge, washer, dryer, couch, and king sized bed!!! (well, king sized bed is not a necessity but a huuuuuge desire!) Actually, California king sized beds appeal to me more than the traditional king...but everyone has talked me out of it. Ugh. If you were tall, wouldn't you want a bed that was longer than wider? 


Ah....soon to be MY living room. (fine...mine AND Brandons...)  And...that is a huge wall...what in the world am I going to do with it and not look like a college student?






I'll just mention one thing...I'M ONE THIRD DONE WITH BEING PREGNANT! And, I have a new post up on Along Comes a Minion. That is all. :)

2 comments: