First, I'll draw attention to the right side of the screen where you can find recipes I've cooked and my meal log. I've tried to do my best. It's not 100% accurate...but very close. I even made some notes about some of the days.
The reason I haven't worked out since last Monday is because, primarily, the workout sessions were cancelled due to inclement weather (see above). The secondary reason is because of the inclement weather, but it is more about a lack of time. The weather increased commute times by double at least coming AND going, so that reduced how much free time I had to do things, like work out. On non-work days, thats a seriously crappy excuse, but being clocked in at the hospital for a minimum of 12.5 hours when I'm working, plus a 2 hour commute to and from work during bad weather, I have little time to eat, shower and sleep, much less work out. My third level of reasoning is I didn't try to work out at home because HOLY CRAP I WAS IN PAIN! Ya, I expected to be sore and stuff after the first work out, and I was, but after nervous, stiff driving for a total of about 4 hours or more on Tuesday, including spinning on the highway and hitting the guardrail, I really did a number on my muscles. All the ones that held me in the position in which I was driving were excruciatingly painful to move even the slightest. I practically couldn't move. I worked, and went home and slept it off. I even had to call in sick Thursday because I hurt so bad, was so exhausted from the things going on (weather, earlier wake ups and later bed times, muscle fatigue), and my sinuses were trying to say, "Let's get sick."
On top of that, our diet was not followed! UGH. Come Wednesday, after Brandon picked me up from work since I was too scared and in pain to drive, we didn't make it home until afternoon (really late for us), and just ordered out Italian food. We had no energy to cook or think about cooking or going to the grocery store or anything. So, we blew the diet. We're going to try to reset this week. Hopefully, it will be more accommodating.
Another fail, my very first car accident...EVER. My car has been injured over time, but a friend borrowing it and hitting another car=not my accident. Being backed into=not my accident. Having another car scrape the side of mine backing out=not my accident. Driving down the highway, slowly, hitting a patch of ice under an overpass and starting to skid, skidding in multiple directions, finally not being able to control the slide, doing a 180 and hitting the guardrail facing oncoming traffic (who are all sliding in the exact same spot, may I add)=my accident. It could've been a lot worse. I even prevented it from being a lot worse...when I backed down the highway as I saw a van careening out of control, and eventually hitting the spot where I had just been parked on the side of the highway. That was the scary part. Nothing else was..
The damage:
Called the adjuster yesterday. We'll see how it goes.
I had to cancel plans with a friend on Saturday because I was too scared to drive in the weather and it hadn't melted yet, but, on the good side, I slept so much. I feel so much more caught up on sleep, finally. Hopefully, this week will be much more smooth.
The new recipes we tried were pretty good. The egg muffins and Swiss Chard frittata were good, but the Spicy Beef Bolognese took the cake. It was the best and so yummy. Brandon spiced it just perfect, in my opinion. All Paleo approved. And pretty quick and easy to make.
The egg muffins:
The Swiss Chard frittata, ingredients and after cooking:
Sorry, don't have a picture of the bolognese.
The only thing positive? Since we'll most likely be shelling out some cash we did NOT want to spend on unplanned car maintenance in the near future, we realize that will put us back a month or so. Hopefully no more than that. Now, we're just going to be ok with the set back and plan an Vegas vacation so we can have a vacation in before we lose our money to buying a house. I'm excited about this! We haven't had a vacation (other than just taking a week off for no reason) since our honeymoon and it feels much overdue. We're thinking May, possibly, for the timeline for the vacation, and probably going to look at TheHotel Mandalay Bay. We'll see. I'll keep ya updated.
And, that's it for now. Here's to a better week!
I think that fact that you are sharing your meal logs is neat. The first thing I thought was, "hmm, there is a Dr. Pepper theme going on here." lol - that frittata looks delicious :)
ReplyDeleteThe frittata was good...but adding more ingredients I think would make it better.
ReplyDeleteAnd, ya, once I fell off the no Dr. Pepper/Cokes wagon, there was no going back. I went nutjob there for a bit.
Thank you for sharing your meal log - that frittata does look good!!! :) Vegas! I'm so happy for you....Mandalay Bay is kinda over by itself, something to consider while you're finalizing. I always try for Bally's or Paris, since they're kind of in the middle. Bally's is older, but a fun place.
ReplyDelete