Friday night: Homecoming game and local bar afterwards
(LOL, knowing where I live, it's HILARIOUS to me there is actually a local bar here! WEIRD!)
Saturday morning: Homecoming parade and picnic in a local park
Saturday night: Get together at a BBQ/bar/club about 20 minutes away
(yes, it's as trashy/low key/not fancy/put your own word here as it sounds)
So, my aunt already got Brandon, me, and my parents (and her, I think), reserved tickets to the Friday night game. I really don't expect to see a lot of people I know there. Ten years ago when I went to all the football games, the stadium, well, was a different stadium. It was smaller, the concession stand was run by the band parents (and my dad at the time, even for a year after my brother was out of band), and even then, running into people you knew, assuming you weren't currently in school and participating in the event, was probably not that high. Now there is a new stadium, I'm assuming its larger, does the concession stand tank debit cards??? I have no idea!
What is more funny to me about this game is my high school is playing Brandon's high school! Hahahahaha. I really hope we beat them... So far his high school is undefeated. I can't honestly say I know what my high school record is right now. But Brandon didn't do his 10 year reunion...if there was one, but he swears he'll be cheering for them and not us. Boo.
I am totally skipping the parade. I don't care to watch old people in old cars, young people in fancy cars, have candy tossed at me, or any of the like. Not right now at least. And not since I plan to have my doggies with me. Well, two of them.
We plan to start at the park and have Bella and Ribby. Now, yes, I have favorite dogs...sort of, and we all know JJ is my oldest, I've had the longest, and basically MY dog (whereas Ribby is Brandon's, Hunter is mine, but can't decide if he wants to be mine or Brandon's, and Bella belongs to whoever will show her attention...seriously). We picked those 2 because it would REALLY be unfair to take only one dog, and that is highly unrepresentative of the dogs I have. Also, Ribby, although he may not be human savvy, he's a crowd-pleaser. Something about those goofy big ears, fat belly, and funny face endears him to many. And Bella, well, she LOVES humans. They're her favorite! Especially when they're showing attention to her. JJ and Hunter, well, humans are ok, they like THEIR humans most, and they'd rather be doing something else. JJ would rather hunt...and bark, and Hunter would rather bark and play. Neither of which is something crowds really love when people like me drag their dogs around. So, there it is.
OH! But the WHOLE POINT of the title of this post (can you now understand why my biggest criticism in writing, especially long pieces, is my ability to stick to my thesis?), I took off this whole week. Did I need to? Nope. But I had the time, we don't plan to go anywhere or use our vacation time soon at all (except maybe when the release date for WoW Cataclysm comes out...), so I thought, why not?
Well, I've been sleeping a lot. My sleep schedule is more jacked up than normal, honestly. But still, come Wednesday, the day I usually end up going to work, I started dreaming about work. I kept waking up because I needed to do something for my patient or check on my patient or help one of my co-workers I was dreaming about out, or random things like that. Then, when I was awake and my phone would ring, I'd have to stop myself from answering like I do at work, "ICU, this is Kim." (hahaha, you should hear the way the company people REALLY want us to answer the phone, ya right). Then Thursday, again, dreams about work. I even made up my own disease in my dream. I googled it and everything to make sure it isn't real when I woke up.
So, there ya go. Work is completely ingrained in me. Blah.
Well, I'll probably update this after this weekend. Maybe with pictures. We'll see. I better go charge my camera battery. That little POS doesn't have a battery indicator and always ends up dead when I really want it...
Wow - and I thought my camera was old. I guess I should be thankful it has a battery level indicator.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm not sure how old it is. At least its a digital camera, right? But no, for some reason it just does not have a battery level indicator. That or I simply CANNOT find where to make the indicator show up. I just get a flashing battery when the camera is about to turn off. :(
ReplyDeletea few things:
ReplyDelete1) Lexie - your camera has a battery level indicator? Please show me next time we're together because we have the same camera and I wasn't aware of this feature!!
2) Good for you to take days off and plan nothing to do; I'm really bad about doing that and then giving it up to do work.
3) What disease did you invent? Did you have it or one of your patients?
4) Dreaming about work sucks; just wait because soon you'll complete a to-do list in the shower, think about nothing but your next vacation every day, and be burned out. :( Try to avoid the last one!!
The disease I 'invented' was purely in my dream and I can't remember it right now. It was something like some random chemical name but in my dream it was a genetic deficiency that made you waste away and its morbidity/mortality was high.
ReplyDelete