Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crossfit

So, we did it. We went and participated in our first Crossfit work out. Of course they went easy on us the first day, and John, they guy who runs the one in Richardson we are going to, is really nice. He said we'll probably go a little easy for a couple weeks til we get the hang of it, know how our bodies respond to Crossfit, and learn all the techniques.

Today we did this:

Warm Up:
400 meter jog
PVC pipe stretches

Work-Out:
400 meters row
50 squats
40 sit ups
30 push ups
20 box jumps (you don't actually have to jump, but its like a 2 foot box you get up on 20 times)
10 pull ups (with the lovely help of the most awesomest rubber band thingy)

Cool Down:
Stretches, walking it off

I think I completed mine in 18min and some odd seconds and Brandon did his in like 19 minutes and some odd seconds. I have better strength in my lower body than he does, so I think, and thats why I think I beat him by a minute.

I couldn't tell you what everyone else's work out was cause I don't know all the exercises, but I know they were supposed to run 400meters, then do the same distance running backwards, then come in and basically do a combined situp, toss a huge ball, received the huge ball from your buddy, do the situp, toss, repeat, as well as other things.

http://www.crossfit.com

Thats the master website.

But why not try to do as much as we can? Why just go slowly to "see how your body responds?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

That link there takes you to the condition that some olympic athletes have caused by pushing themselves too hard doing Crossfit lol. Awesome, huh?

Anyways, going back tomorrow. Just promised I'd say something about it after my first day.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, I had to walk up 6 flights when the power went out at work yesterday, that's about all the workout I did, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm you're making me question my physical activity and I'm coming up blank. I'm pretty amazed you and Brandon did all that in 18-19 minutes...did you have to repeat it or stopped then? Keep us updated, this is interesting and much better than my workout which consists of the following:
    elliptical for 30-45 minutes
    rowing for 2 minutes (that's all I can last right now)
    50 crunches and side bends
    2 sets of 15 in the 15 minute circuit 24 has designed

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG KIM I just went to the website and saw the pic at this website (http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/Chris-stroud-th.jpg). It reminds me of that weird old man that would run in College Station and hang on poles just like this. Please tell me that you won't be doing that one day!!

    ReplyDelete