Saturday, February 28, 2009

I renamed the blog...

So I was thinking about my little blog and thought, well, I really don't have too much special to say but like the idea of having a playground on the internet for when I want it.

The crap that is different in my life right now is that I'm married...and there is nothing else different lol.

We kinda lived together beforehand, but not really. Now, we do. Except we have 4 dogs who need a back yard, we can't afford a house right now, and paying rent for our own place, all his mom's bills, too (since we support her), plus saving for a house is dumb. Just really dumb. So our answer is to keep living with the 'rents til we can get our own place to live in with our dogs. And someday make babies.

I'm sure you can imagine how much fun it is living in someone else's house, wanting to do your own thing, but knowing all the while that someone else will still trump you because its her house. Yes, we're starting off living with his mom who has no problems letting me know that she needs her room vacuumed to, or the trash needs to go out this second, not later tonight when we're going by the trash dumpster anyways, or other little things. She's really not a monster, but she just has been shut in for so long she doesn't think of things the same way. Nor do I think she understands we're not really living with her. Given we pay almost all the bills and cover just about everything for her except the rent, drive her everywhere since she can't, and go to Jack in the Box every single fucking day just because she refuses to order stuff from the grocery store to eat in house every day, we feel she lives with us, not us with her. She totally doesn't see it that way.

So, there it is. I'm married, now what.

I'm sure she'll be brought up again soon, but in the mean time, the little hope on the horizon is that she turns 55 in May and the lease is up in June. We SHOULD be signing a lease on a 55 and over community in Farmer's Branch on Monday for her and moving her out there. Granted, its not that close to Forney, where we will be living with my parents at that point, but at least she may get to go to the grocery store on her own with them rather than with us...and hopefully there will be no Jack in the Box trips as I'm not driving out there. Gawd...I'm sure somehow she'll increase her doctors' appointments just to get back at us.

Anyways, thats it. The long road to saving money and searching for a home with a good backyard, not a crappy one, has begun. Death to all credit cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment