Thursday, May 12, 2011

And the house is ours!

All signed and paid up! (well, the down payment, that is)


Sorry, no new pictures right now. We gave them a 7 day lease back, so they have until midnight on the 18th of this month to pass the keys over. We're sorta hoping for sooner than that, but, whatever, we're not ready to move just yet. But, I'm trying to get a walk-through set up so we can get measurements on the size of the fridge and confirm the measurements sent to me on the utility room. Mom is wondering if the bathrooms have colors already that would require coordination (I honestly can't remember, though I'm leaning towards no).


It went very smooth! Brandon had a class that day so he was in a hurry. The title company had already emailed us all the paper work we'd be signing so we had plenty of time to read it before we signed (so we didn't turn out like the South Park episode).




As soon as we were done signing, Brandon headed back to class and I stayed behind to ask any questions and finish everything. I almost completely forgot to pay because we were all chatting and things (turns out the lady at the title company lives around the corner from our new house). She laughed about it and I explained how I would gladly hand over the money because, as it had to be in a cashier's check, I was scared of losing it and losing all that money! Because as soon as the cashier's check was cut, the money was taken out of our account. All I could imagine was LOSING that check and LOSING that much money. Thank God I only had the check for a few days before we handed it over, and stored in a safe place. I would've gone crazy if it was ready longer than that.


Also, the title lady gave a huge compliment to our loan guy because she said in almost 8 months, she'd never received completed paperwork all in line as fast as his company got it to them! Yay for great workers!


Now...we wait, lol. That's like all we ever do...but, alas, we wait. We're hoping the sellers will give us a call before long to give us a heads up when they'll actually be vacating and turning off their utilities so we can get our utilities set up/transferred to decrease a lapse. If they don't, we probably won't have anything turned on until after we get back from my brother's medical school graduation, but still, would be nice to have the heads up.


I'm so excited and still really nervous! This was such a big event!


And I put up a new post on my baby blog. Clicky to the post if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment